Your child will be placed in a class based on their age by September 1 of the present year. This is consistent with the S.C. public school placement law.
School Hours are 9:00am to 12:00pm. We follow the Greenville County School District calendar for holidays and closings.
We emphasize parent/teacher communication, and progress reports are given three times per year.
- To create a Christian atmosphere so children may become aware of God’s love as revealed in Jesus Christ, in nature, and in people.
- To accept peers as persons with their own worth, regardless of real or imagined differences.
- To help children accept loving authority outside the home.
- To work and play well with other children, in group settings.
- To create an atmosphere in which a child may develop self-confidence and independence.
- To make choices, think, and problem solve, for ones’ self, and live with those choices.
- To do all we can to help the child grow mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually.
- To speak and express self clearly.
- To develop an appreciation of literature, and the arts (music, drama, poetry, art, and more).
- Provide a clean, safe, positive learning-caring atmosphere and develop co-operation in which parent, teacher and child can learn together.
Our curriculum is theme based with an emphasis on multi-sensory teaching methods and language rich activities. The use of themes provides the children with practice and application for the skills in meaningful contexts. Language and literature are emphasized through the use of Alpha and Phonic Tales. Math is taught through hands-on activites using numbers, shapes and graphing. Science is explored through use of senses, gardening and awareness of environment. Several subject are integrated in the program. The multi-sensory approach provides activities for all learning styles. Young children feel secure with routines and schedules. The routines and schedules help them learn sequencing and time related activities.
Christian values such as love, faith, hope, trust, self-esteem, kindness, honesty, cooperation and appreciation are emphasized.
Current unit titles and calendars will be provided every month. The children will be exposed to learning centers, group time, story time and music. Centers are areas of interest to the children that promote individual learning skills.